TITLE: Medical Receptionist REPORTS TO: Director, Clinical Operations
LOCATION: Brooklyn DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
POSITION STATUS: Full time FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Medical Receptionist is an integral part of the Primary Care team. This position will welcome all customers entering the Health Center, making sure all enrollment documentation and verification of insurance coverage is accurately completed. The Medical Receptionist assists providers and patients with scheduling of follow up appointments and consultations and facilitates the smooth running and welcoming atmosphere in the waiting room.
- Responsible for greeting patients as they enter the clinic
- Directs patients to providers in an organized fashion
- Answers telephone calls and directs callers to the appropriate person and takes messages when providers are seeing patients
- Oversees completion of enrollment data
- Coordinates and oversees encounter forms for adequate documentation, collates and forwards to billing in a timely fashion
- Responsible for reports, including visits and productivity
- Responsible for the preparation of medical insurance billing forms for visits
- Attends required meetings and trainings
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions.
Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers. Organized and capable of working in a fast paced environment. Sets calm and organized tone for front desk area and waiting room. Skilled in interpersonal relationships with a culturally diverse population. Follow up and reminder phone calls and written correspondence with patients.
Requires a high school diploma and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. Spanish speaking preferred.