ENT and Allergy Associates, New York and New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly Full Time Medical Receptionist Floater for our New York City/Queens/Brooklyn/Staten Island office locations.
Includes but are not limited to the following:
- Travel to designated locations, which are assigned by the regional managers on a weekly basis.
- This position is a direct report to the regional managers however when on site in locations the floater will report to the PSA.
- Cover for patient representative, switchboard and surgical coordinator PTO, FMLA and open positions.
- Assist the Practice site Administrator with all tasks
- Assists the operations department with Special projects and training new staff
- Will be on site with the operations department for merger and acquisition training and Go-live
- Prepare the office in the morning by turning on all office equipment; take phones off service, and collects messages from Answering Service.
- Answer incoming phone calls, books appointments for physicians’, Allergy and Audiology, and takes messages when necessary.
- Schedules appointments for Physicians, Audiology & Allergy.
- Generates all schedules for the following day and updates schedules throughout the day, keeps accurate records of weekly logs (no-shows, Double Books)
- Greets all incoming patients, ensure all new patients complete necessary paperwork. All information should be double-checked for DOB, SS#, pt. address, and insurance info. The information must be keyed in accurately and in a timely manner. (If information cannot be keyed in at the time the patient is in the office, spot-check to see if all information is completed (enter information, no later than the end of the day.)
- Scans all patient paperwork into EHR system
- Verifies insurance coverage @ each visit, pt change of address, phone number, if anything has changed since the last time they were here, make sure all records are updated
- Ensure that all HMO patients have a valid referral before being seen.
- Create and update patient’s nextgen and EHR charts.
- Collect and distribute all incoming faxes, mail, and deliveries.
- Make certain the waiting room is neat.
- Ensures phones are on Service, informs service who is on call and locks all doors.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be friendly and poised
- Must be willing to travel, have own car and clean driver's license
- Able to deal with varied types of people
- Willing to help the Department in crunch situations
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize them well
- Flexible work hours
- Experience in the medical field and knowledge of medical insurance a plus
- NextGen a plus
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage. Mileage and toll reimbursement.
Please note: ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is an E-Verify employer.
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit:www.entandallergy.com or contact us at: