Responsibilities • Provide medical office-related business support services including, but not limited to: scheduling, greeting patients, checking patients in/out, taking phone messages or transferring calls, scanning and attaching patient records, and collecting and documenting patient copayments.
• Perform rooming of patients. This may include, but is not limited to: greeting patients, escorting patients to exam room, performing appropriate screenings, identifying and completing performance measures, assisting patients and/or families in completing Release of Information and other appropriate paperwork.
• Interview patients for the purpose of gathering health history, hospital history and current medications. Accurately and timely
. • Prepare and assist with medical examinations.
• Safely apply and document sterile dressings following instruction from provider and/or related policies and procedures.
• Assist with inventory management and stocking of exam rooms and lab.
• Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including but not limited to, financial and client information.
• Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
• Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Certified Nursing Assistant training program required.
• Must have a current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA • Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, referral sources, staff, vendors and the public.
• Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and the ability to assist in a variety of common medical and medical office procedures.
• Solid understanding of comprehensive health services.
• Willing to adhere to organization and stated program policies and procedures and documentation protocols.
• Self-directed and able to provide services outlined in duties and responsibilities.