Maintains Medical Records for the EHR, processing record requests, scanning documents, queuing documents to the proper providers.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Experience in working with the public in a service oriented business.
- Computer skills required.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Previous Medical Records Experience.
- Maintains medical records.
- Checks all correspondence and chart notes for proper identification and electronic filing.
- Ensures test results are scanned in the chart.
- Interacts with appropriate staff in order to ensure complete records.
- Sending either by mail or fax any medical records request.
- Scanning and queuing electronic documents to the EHR.
- Scan billing documents onto the server.
- Confirming patient request forms are HIPAA compliant and signature matches
- Maintaining new patient records, scanning into EMR once appointment is made.
- Responsible for timely follow-up of all correspondence requests regarding patients. Use of proper grammar and appropriate language when responding.
- Phone Operator Coverage - When answering phones, use appropriate phone etiquette, take accurate messages and direct calls correctly.
- Conduct business in a professional manner at all times, treating patients and coworkers with respect and dignity; being mindful avoids the use of inappropriate language.
- Assist the Practice Administrator with the orderly business operation as necessary, including but not limited to assisting other physicians, physician’s secretaries, nursing supervisor , physician’s assistant, nursing staff, billing assistants.
Pay $14-$16 an hour