POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
FACILITY: Limestone Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Harvest, AL.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the health care unit staff.
- Responsible and accountable for the maintenance of health records.
- In this capacity, the employee organizes and maintains a system of health files and logs concerning patient diagnosis, treatments, admissions, discharges and daily patient census changes.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: None Required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years administrative experience. Proficient in the use of computer, dictating and copying equipment.