Working Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 5PM, no OT and no holidays
Dress Code: Business CasualCandidates must be able to phone screen on Thursday and interview onsite on Friday.
Top 3 Must Haves:
Duties/Day to Day:
- Computer Savvy – comfortable with navigating the computer. Candidate call have all of the experience but not be confident in navigating the system.
- 1 year minimum or more experience
- Cerner is preferred but any EHR platform is sufficient. If they have worked in EPIC, they will be 2 steps ahead
- Answer busy phones – return missed calls.
- Sort all incoming faxes to HIM.
- Provide billing department with requests for sensitive records.
- Forward all other record requests to copy service for processing.
- Scan outside medical records, lab and radiology reports /alert MD.
- Print labels for the next day's clinic and prepare according to appointment type or provider.
- Forward array of forms to providers or nurses for completion (disability, FMLA, DMV, IHSS...etc).
- Keep track of where forms are and once completed mail copies to patients.
- Uploading of radiology images to Synapse, notify providers when done.
- Request records from outside providers and facilities.
- Email all paper charge slips to billing office.
- Take all outgoing mail to Keck hospital mailroom, then pick- up in-coming mail from HC2 mailroom for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
- Sort mail and distribute to department mailboxes, then return to HIM with all insurance correspondence, records and results from outside facilities.
- Fax and or file copies of all morbidity and loss of consciousness reports.
- Fax all orders dropped in scan basket or HIM mailbox.
- Forward all non-urgent, or previously reviewed records to Keck hospital HIM for scanning (affix barcode label on each page). As well as sort and batch all labeled records for Keck hospital HIM for pick up and scan.
- Subpoenas for appearance, accept and give originals to providers and forward a copy to risk management.
- Forward death certificates to providers for signature, then fax to CA-EDRS when done.
- Process all STAT and Neuropsychological records requests.
- Neuropsychological reports are not in Cerner. We send report copies to referring physician and copy in HIM binders.
inSync will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.