Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Under the direction of the Medical Records Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, Program Manager or higher licensed medical professional, the Medical Records Clerk will have responsibility for the maintenance, and flow of medical records from one facility to another.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- One year of health-related experience in Medical Records Administration preferred
- Current lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
- Develop new charts on patients who do not yet have a medical chart, or retrieve old chart from inactive or archived files
- File charts
- Pull charts for persons served being transferred to other county facilities and insure all the medical information is in the chart prior to transfer
- Collect statistical data for HSA review and maintain sick call list from:
- Maintain tracking system for:
o Medical record requests
o Lab results
o X-ray results
- Scheduling 14-day and annual health assessment, insuring all paperwork is prepared before the visit
- Maintains confidentiality regarding persons served information
- Ability to function in a high-volume environment
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential staff
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer