Medical Records Director
Work Location: Clarks Summit, PA
InGenesis is searching for a Medical Records Director to serve as the expert for requirements related to medical records. The functions, including, but not limited to, the applicable requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, and ICD Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, relating to the services performed. In this role, the Medical Records Director requires effective supervision and leadership of subordinate Medical Records Department personnel and a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness in execution of work duties. If you meet the positions requirements, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Requires proficient knowledge of, interpretation of, application of, and compliance with medical and anatomical terminology and disease etiology required for the proper classification, maintenance, and custody of medical records; medicolegal requirements relating to the maintenance and release of information from medical records; statistical principles and techniques as they apply to medical records work; and requirements for coding and abstracting medical records related to supporting the hospital's timely and accurate Medicare Part B billing. The Medical Records Director proactively, independently researches and learns applicable requirements. Handle and protect sensitive, private, legally privileged, and confidential data and information by accessing, using, and disclosing data and information only as authorized; oversee the Medical Records Department’s compliance regarding same
• Independently and proactively organize, prioritize, and plan assigned work to meet standards for quality and timeliness; frequently adjust the execution order, technique, and/or process of work activities to meet new or urgent needs; function steadily and calmly in a complex, busy work environment with frequent interruptions; independently examine and learn new assignments and duties of moderate complexity and develop proposals for processes to execute them
• Complete work with a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency; pay strict attention to the detail of data and information; produce written work products that are grammatically correct, properly formatted and organized, professional, accurate, clear, concise, and objective in language
• Work frequently on a computer and occasionally by traveling to the patient residential units to obtain and/or distribute information and to supervise, monitor, and/or audit the work of the MRAs and Clerk Typist 2s
• Use current versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access at an advanced intermediate level; independently research and learn to use software or program features proficiently to execute work duties
• Demonstrate proficient knowledge of the requirements, such as laws, regulations, interpretive guidelines, related to the operation of the Medical Records Department.
• Proactively identify, report to the PI-RM Coordinator, and investigate real or potential deficiencies or liabilities; develop recommendations for resolution through a process of structured analysis, critical thinking, and reasoned/sound judgment
• Obtain and maintain crisis response/intervention certification from the approved Commonwealth vendor and utilize skills in accordance with training
• Directs the daily operations of the Medical Records Department and assigns work to the MRAs and Clerk Typist 2s to meet operational needs.
• Registration as a Medical Records Administrator (RHIA) with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), OR
• Two (2) years of experience as a Medical Records Technician (RHIT) and registration as a RHIT with AHIMA, OR
• Four (4) years of experience in the preparation, classification and abstracting of medical reports in a medical records department; and registration as a RHIT with AHIMA.
• Maintain the RHIT or RHIA credential without lapse.
• AHIMA Accreditation as RHIT, RHIA, or MRT - Required
• Basic Computer Skills - Required
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.