To strengthen our Neurology Patient Value Unit (PVU), we are looking to fill the position of Medical Science Liaison (MSP - Medical Science Partner) to identify and foster purposeful partnerships with key scientific influencers to drive new sources of patient value. The MSP engages in balanced two-way scientific interactions and disease state/treatment algorithm discussions optimizing understanding of UCB therapies for the right patient segments. We are looking for a local candidate to cover FL, and Puerto Rico.
Are you known for your holistic approach with a collaborative nature? You are known as a “holiborative” person at UCB. This incomparable blend of talent means you enjoy working contextually with others to optimize patient outcomes.
As a UCB 'holiborative' person and Medical Science Partner you like to work in an environment where you can:
• Proactively share knowledge with others.
• Take initiative and work towards creating patient value, rather than merely completing a task.
• Align efforts toward a common purpose to ensure maximum impact for patients.
• Generously offer help and resources to others in the interest of the business
As a UCB 'holiborative' person and Medical Science Partner you will contribute by:
• Proactive identification and management of key scientific and medical influencers based on local ecosystem dynamics and stakeholder needs and drivers (from push to pull).
• Exploration and identification of new sources of patient value (innovative solutions and services)
• Managing and generating product/ disease state data (IIS, audits, RWE, etc.)
• Supporting clinical studies, clinical development and share insights with R&D team
• Supporting Market Access colleagues when applicable in presentation of RWE/HEOR/clinical information to regional and local payer accounts and formularies
Required Education, experience and skills:
• Doctorate-level degree (PharmD, PhD, or MD) required
• Minimum of 1 year of Medical Science Partner (MSL) required
• Relevant therapeutic and clinical experience preferred
• HEOR and RWE experience preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
*All qualified candidates living in the region will be considered. Final location of home office is dependent upon individual.
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Medical, Neurology, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Healthcare