Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Scribe will work under the direction of the supervising practitioner and support their documentation of patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). As a medical scribe, you are responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
- Perform provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing
- Demonstrate skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner
- Ensure that all documentation follows scribe policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress
- Follow established medical record requirements
- Complete all documentation real time and within the same date of service
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off
- Clarify and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider
- Other patient care responsibilities as directed by Center Manager
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with medical terminology
- Experience with computerized information systems (EMR) used in business and clinical management settings
- 2+ years of clinical experience in related field such as a scribe or medical assistant
- 3+ months of experience as a Medical Assistant in a MedExpress Center
- Prior experience with employer health services (i.e. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Experience documenting patient information into an electronic medical record, EMR/EHR
- Urgent care or emergency room experience
- Experience working as a medical assistant
- Experience completing provider orders (i.e. venipuncture, point of care testing)
- Completed medical training specific to medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)