The Medical Social Worker works collaboratively with advocates, medical staff and community partners to assist victims and their families who have experienced sexual assault or abuse. The Medical Social worker schedules sexual assault exams, provides emotional support for patients and their families during exams, assists other members of the treatment team in creating a comprehensive care treatment plan, and connects patients and families to appropriate services within the community. Desired candidates will approach their work with lens of equity, inclusion and social justice; providing services that are appropriate to clients in various age groups and different cultural backgrounds and abilities. A focus on trauma informed care is critical.
In this position you will:
• Assist victims and families in scheduling medical appointments at the clinic.
• Provide psychosocial support to patients and families who have received or are requesting medical services subsequent to sexual assault or abuse.
• Help patients identify needs and provide resources accordingly.
• Effectively communicate with healthcare team members and involved community agencies based on victim direction and signed releases of information.
• Work as part of the patient care team to create a client centered, trauma informed care plan.
• Provide short term crisis intervention counseling.
• Represent PICAA at community partner meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings as needed.
• Assist patients with accessing medical records.
• Complete Mandatory Reports as per WAC guidelines.
• Provide all services using principals of trauma informed care.
- Masters in Social Work or Mental Health
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Associate; Licensed Advanced Social Worker or Associate; or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker or Associate
- WA State DOH licensure.
- One (1) year direct social work experience.
- Experience working with diverse client populations including various age groups who may experience physical or developmental disabilities, emotional, behavioral and mental disorders, and or substance abuse.
- Experience in conducting crisis interventions.
- Two years’ experience working with victims of physical or sexual assault
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.