LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
The Medical Social Worker will be responsible for identifying patients requiring Social Work intervention. The Social Worker will identify and assess psychosocially complex cases requiring intervention to transition the patient to the next level of care, provide supportive counseling, education and develop and implement treatment and/or discharge plans. The Social Worker will coordinate complex discharges to appropriate care settings. The Medical Social Worker must have the ability to work closely with various interdisciplinary team members. The Social Worker must be able to prioritize their work carefully, as the position is fast paced. The Social Worker will be responsible to collaborate with community agencies and referral services.
- As a Medical Social Worker one must be flexible to cross train and cross cover based on the needs of the department.
- The Medical Social Worker may be assigned to a Medicine and/or Surgical unit(s) as the regular assignment.
- To provide psycho-education to patients and families to help them understand the nature of the patient's illness, need for ongoing treatment and new ways of coping in order to transition successfully back into the community.
- To participate, as part of an interdisciplinary team in developing ongoing treatment and/or discharge plans including informing other team members of relevant Social Work concerns.
- To participate in group and individual sessions with patients and families as needed/appropriate.
- May perform additional duties as necessary.
- An LMSW or LCSW is required for this position.
- Current licensed Social Worker in New York State.
- Must have at least one (1) year of acute care setting experience preferred.
- Working weekends and holidays are required.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2017 “Best Large Workplaces in New York.” - Great Place to Work and Fortune
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers