The Medical Specialist performs donor medical qualifications, determining donor suitability and handling donor reactions.
BPL Plasma is a global leader in the collection of human plasma used in the manufacture of life-saving therapies for patients world-wide. We are a Quality First organization and committed to excellence when it comes to collecting plasma and taking care of our donors. Lives depend on the work we do.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are growing company of more than 2000 teammates located in more than 45 cities across the United States.
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun and fast paced environment
- Health and Welfare Insurance with competitive employee contributions
- Basic Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
To apply, please email: RPO_BPLPlasma@ADP.com
- Performing medical screening to determine if the donor is suitable to safely donate plasma.
- Educating donors and staff on donor suitability and medical related questions.
- Responding to donor adverse reactions and providing medical care as needed.
- Counseling donors with reactive or positive viral marker test results.
- Supporting medical screening and phlebotomy areas by performing duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- EMT-A, Paramedic, LPN/LVN or RN license, as allowed by state laws in work location.
- EMT-B and EMT-I license, as allowed by state laws in work location for employees hired prior to May 30, 2019.
- Any exceptions to these licensure requirements for employees hired after May 30, 2019 must be approved by the Corporate Medical Director or designee.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Minimum one year of experience as a licensed professional in a healthcare environment preferred with consistent work history.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive duties performed in a clinical work environment and within standard operating procedures.
- Computer literacy in Electronic Medical Records or similar systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Plasma center or blood bank industry experience preferred.
Physical and Mental Working Conditions
1. Frequently performs work while walking or standing.
2. Frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens. Required to wear personal protective equipment.
3. Ability to work flexible schedule (weekends, evenings, holidays) to meet production needs.
4. Occasionally required to discuss sensitive health information with donors.