A Company That Strives to Improve Outcomes
Providing unique services that go above and beyond to protect and support our clients in the delivery of healthcare, is who we are. We stand apart from other medical liability insurance companies by providing services that leverage data analytics to reduce risks, and though leadership articles, blogs, white papers, and educational materials to improve patient outcomes. We don’t settle for business as usual, and we strive to be leaders in the evolving healthcare market. Our core product may be trusted insurance, but we package and deliver it with so much more. If you are ready to contribute to a company that is taking its industry by storm and making a difference in healthcare, Coverys is for you.
The Medical Stop Loss (MSL) Underwriter will work within a team environment supporting external distribution channels and insureds as well as internal business units in an effort to grow a profitable book of business. At Coverys we are working to develop an innovative MSL product that combines data driven underwriting using proactive care and risk management strategies designed to engage patients and help them make quality and value driven healthcare choices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Underwrite new and renewal business in accordance with underwriting guidelines, authority levels and loss ratio expectations.
- Analyze insured demographics, plan design and claim experience
- Collaborate with our clinical and risk management teams to deliver sophisticated cost mitigation and care management strategies to our brokers and insureds.
- Contribute in the design of products that leverage deep knowledge of risk contracting models, provider performance data, and actuarial modeling to design and price MSL products and policies
- Negotiate policy pricing, structure , terms and conditions
- Deliver training to internal and external partners on market conditions and emerging trends
- Works with management team by suggesting new or modified policy wording when appropriate
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of market conditions and competitor offerings in both the commercial and self-funded space.
- Exhibit knowledge of Insurance and Healthcare Industry, including medical, legal and insurance terminology.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous medical stop loss experience is required.
- Ability to engage in a collaborative team environment while also capable to complete independent or autonomous work.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, underwriting guidelines and manuals, bylaws, financials, articles of organization, loss runs, Joint Commission reports and other industry reports.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to learn the use of new software applications as required. The MSL Underwriter will be required to become proficient in the use and understanding of the Company's core underwriting operating system.
Coverys is an equal-opportunity employer. Coverys’ job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.