HCA TriStar Horizon Medical Center
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (RN)
PRN 2 Shifts/Month
Member of the TriStarDivision of HCA
Minimum One Year Acute Nursing or Medical Surgical Experience Required
Our Mission- Above all else,we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you willfind that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities weserve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, definedpathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards ofrecognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company byFortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employerwith many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come tothe right place. HCA at aglance
A few of the benefits we provideyou:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this Facility:
TriStar Horizon Medical Centeris a fully accredited, 157-bed regional medical center. We offer a full arrayof services including cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency, inpatientrehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics, and women’s services. As an AccreditedChest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Horizon is a leadingprovider of emergency heart and stroke care. Our satellite campus, TriStarNatchez, offers imaging and oncology services as well a 24/7, full-service ERthat provides the same services as our main campus emergency room.
TriStar Horizon's Medical Surgical Unit has earned the Unit of Distinction Award for two consecutive years in an annual program that recognizes and rewards exemplary Medical-Surgical units at HCA facilities. The “Unit of Distinction” designation is achieved through measurable, outstanding performance in nursing leadership, professional practice and operations and outcomes. During 2016, 472 HCA Med-Surg units participated in the program. Using 21 different criteria, units were scored to determine which would receive the 2016 Unit of Distinction honor, which puts them in the Top 5% of all HCA Medical-Surgical hospital units. In addition to the UOD recipients, 23 additional units achieved scores placing them in the Top 10% of all HCA Med-Surg units, earning each an “Honorable Mention” designation. TriStar Horizon continues to rank at the top of the company for nurse sensitive indicators.
·Selected as a Top Performer on Key QualityMeasures by The Joint Commission in heart attack, heart failure,pneumonia and surgical care
·Accredited - The Joint Commission
·Accredited Chest Pain Center
·College of American Pathologists Accreditation
·Commission on Cancer – Outstanding Achievement Award
·Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal ofApproval™ for Certification in Stroke Rehabilitation
·Primary Stroke Center Certification by The JointCommission
·Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park –accredited by the American College of Surgeons
·The Cardiac Rehab program is accredited byAmerican Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
·The Diabetes & Nutrition Center isaccredited by the American Diabetes Association
·American College of Radiology Accreditation inMRI, CT and Ultrasound
·American College of Radiology awarded TriStarHorizon in Nuclear Medicine for Imaging and Nuclear Cardiology
·Honored with “A” Safety Score by The LeapfrogGroup for two consecutive years
About this opportunity:
The Registered Nurse performsdirect patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse. Cares for allpatients of all ages. Participates in Performance Improvement activities toassure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversityawareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all othercustomers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfillsdepartmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision andvalues of Horizon.
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Social skills to positively engage with your patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Your degree from an accredited School of Professional Nursing (B.S. or A.S.)
- ACLS Required within twelve months of hire.
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
You are encouraged toapply today as interviews are being set immediately!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ourcompany. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationalorigin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ordisability status.