Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a 211-bed facility serving Southern Kentucky and surrounding areas. Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Greenview is a national leader in providing quality healthcare. TriStar Greenview offers emergency care, cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, and surgical services. Home of Kentucky's first CardioMEMS™ HF System, TriStar Greenview provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing heartfailure. The facility is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is currently looking for a Medical Technologist (Full-Time, NIGHTS).
A Medical Technologist utilizes skills and training to perform test of samples of blood, urine and other body fluids to obtain information in diagnosis and evaluation of a patient’s medical care. Medical Technologist identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Medical Technologist utilizes translation services when indicated. Medical Technologist fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital. Medical Technologist participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. In addition, promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Medical Technologist is educated on the protocols specific for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months), Pediatrics (1 – 17 years), Adults (18 – 79 years), and the Elderly (80+ years).
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Analysis of various body fluids relating to the fields of chemistry, serology, toxicology, special chemistry, TDM, urinalysis, coagulation, and cell counting to aid in diagnosis of certain disease states.
- Microscopic analysis of human cells relating to the field’s of hematology and clinical microscopy to aid in diagnosis of certain disease states.
- Analysis of human blood relating to the field of Transfusion Medicine to provide adequate blood supply to the community and to aid in the diagnosis of certain disease states.
- Analysis of human sites of infection to identify pathogenic organisms relating to the fields of Microbiology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Virology, and Parasitology to aid in diagnosis of infectious disease states.
- Performance of Quality Control, Preventative Maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques on analyzers and testing methodologies to ensure quality of Laboratory results.
- Computer entry – Includes registration of patients and ordering of tests in the Meditech computer system as well as resulting and verifying of test results.
- Communicate test results to physicians, nurses, and clients as well as follows the patient safety goal protocols for communicating critical test results.
- Review Outstanding Specimen Reports for each department for each shift.
- Perform phlebotomies and capillary sticks on patients to obtain proper samples for analysis.
- Answer incoming calls from clients, physicians, and nursing staff
- Orients and mentors staff
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.