SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE: 8,000 with Two (2) Year Commitment
The Charge Medical Technologist is responsible for assisting the supervisor in the section's day to day operation of the Hematology/chemistry laboratory and is available to assist employees on an as needed basis. The individual is responsible for assisting with enforcement of and training staff on policies and procedures and workflows, supply inventory, staffing assignments, training and development, assessing employee competency, providing input for performance reviews. The individual helps ensure compliance with BRRH policies, CLIA, CAP, AHCA, TJC and other regulatory agencies.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate advanced computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office Manager.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and accreditation standards.
- Have an understanding of CAP/CLIA accreditation standards and required accreditation functions and activities.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving and instrument / equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Perform all procedures within the section assigned.
- Evaluate the technical competency of others.
- Review test results of others, identify errors and take corrective action on errors.
- Ensure completion of all testing, quality control, instrument maintenance and all associated documentation by staff.
- Perform and coordinate the performance of special accreditation requirements on schedule.
Provide key assistance to the supervisor in the following:
- Staffing and staff assignment
- Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Performance, analysis and review of Quality control
- Validation and implementation of new methods/tests/equipment
- Performance of, coordination of performance of and review and corrective action of proficiency testing.
- Clinical staff interaction
- Acquiring, maintaining and effective utilization of supplies and materials
- Training staff in emergency and disaster codes and drills and other safety policies.
- Maintenance of complete and current procedure manuals
- Daily and weekly review of quality control results and instrument maintenance and function checks.
- Coordinating improvement efforts for all quality and performance improvement initiatives
- Compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
- Expected to help interview, hire, train, provide constructive feedback to and contribute to performance assessments of employees.
- Coordinate and provide orientation and training/remedial training to staff.
- Complete assignments with promptness and accuracy.
- Meet deadlines for all tasks assigned.
- Prioritize work assignments and completes tasks in a timely fashion.
- Balance priorities and flex between technical and administrative functions.
- Expected to be a leader and active contributor in all customer service initiatives.
- Expected to be proactive in providing hospitality to all BRRH's patients, families, visitors, employees and physicians.
- Serve as an ambassador for BRRH.
Minimum Education and/ or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with Clinical Laboratory focus or equivalent, meeting CLIA criteria for Technical Supervisor
Four to six year experience in the specific area of the laboratory (chemistry or hematology).
At least 1 year in a formal or informal charge/leadership position in a laboratory environment.
- Must meet minimum experience requirements to be eligible for the sign-on bonus.
Licensure / Regulation / Certification:
Florida State License as a Medical Technologist (Hematology, Chemistry and Serology) AND Florida State License as a Supervisor of Clinical Laboratory Science in applicable specialty area.