Join our lab at the #1 hospital in Wisconsin and play an essential role in the quality and safety of patient care by providing accurate diagnostic and treatment information.
We are seeking a Medical Technologist to:
Join our team of dedicated and knowledgeable laboratorians providing remarkable patient care!
- Perform routine to complex lab testing. Bring forth the specialized scientific and technical knowledge essential to perform lab testing.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills, ability to work independently, and the ability to take on teaching/training responsibilities as needed.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Operate as part of a group covering chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, blood gasses and specimen processing.
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology OR Bachelor’s degree must include minimally 60 semester hours or equivalent, that includes either:
- 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses OR
- 24 semester hours – 6 chemistry, 6 biology and 12 chemistry, biology, medical laboratory technology in any combination
Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS). Master’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (MLS) or related science or healthcare field.
Preferred – One (1) year healthcare or lab related work experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred - Certification (Medical Lab Science, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Banking, Molecular Biology) by the board of American Society of Clinical Pathologists or similar agency.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles and proficiency testing procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate strong independent judgement.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress in a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC), College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations related to work area.
- Knowledge of adult training methods.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Sign-On Bonus: This position is eligible for up to a $4,000 sign-on bonus (pro-rated on FTE/Hours).
This posting represents multiple openings. All positions are full-time, 1.0 FTE; scheduled to work 40 hours/week.
Shifts include 2nd and 3rd shift.
- 2nd shift: 8 hour shifts, Monday through Friday starting at 1:00pm or 3:00pm. One (1) in every four (4) weekends are required. Weekend shifts are Saturday & Sunday.
- 3rd shift are Sunday through Thursday from 10:30 pm to 6:00 am. One (1) in every four (4) weekends are required. Weekend shifts are Friday & Saturday.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.