Medical Technologist AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years.
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
FT / Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate manner.
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis or to expand current duties by updating the position description.
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training
What You Will Need:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist training required OR Associate’s Degree with at least two years of experience.
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting required.
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical Technology