- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Patient Satisfaction and Client Satisfaction meet organizational goals.
- Works as part of the departmental team.
- Contributes to positive departmental budget initiatives.
- Proficiency Testing (PT) is performed in the same manner as patient testing maintaining performance guidelines.
- Regulatory Inspection Readiness
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work at multiple facilities and/or in multiple departments.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of laboratory rules and regulations including: CAP, CLIA and State of Florida.
- Strong interest in development of leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s Degree
- Science degree meeting state licensure requirements (64B3-5.003).
- Minimum two years’ experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- State of Florida- Medical Technologist License in at least one specialty: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and/or Serology. Immunohematology required for staff assigned to Blood Bank department.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency validated laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate medical staff and physician. Oversees the day to day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist.