Medical Technologists II AdventHealth Wesley Chapel Central Pasco ED
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- Demonstrate competency in laboratory procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic laboratory procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established turnaround time goals.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures. Completes assigned policy and procedure review assignments in a timely manner. Maintains current knowledge of CAP, State of Florida, and Federal regulatory requirements for the clinical laboratory. Complies with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Participates in proficiency testing program as assigned. Ensures that proficiency testing deadlines are met and samples are analyzed in the same manner as patient samples.
- Performs all assigned preventative maintenance, calibration, and quality control testing as scheduled, to include appropriate documentation and review.
- Troubleshoots and documents analyzer problems. Informs onsite lab supervisor and all Nursing units of anticipated delays due to extended downtime.
What You Will Need:
- Demonstrated technical skills and aptitudes related to specific clinical laboratory testing.
- Knowledge of laboratory rules and regulations including: CAP, CLIA, and State of Florida.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related sciences upon hire
- One year of experience in a laboratory setting required or diploma from an accredited medical laboratory training program upon hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current FL Clinical Laboratory Technologist license upon hire.
- Licensed in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, Microbiology, and Serology required.
The Medical Technologist II performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.00. Oversees the day-to day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a Supervisor. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.