The Medical Technologist performs medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses to provide data for use in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Successful completion of a one-year internship in medical technology.
- Basic computer skills; operation of equipment/instruments;
- Able to operate mathematical machinery such calculators and computers.
- Louisiana State License as CLS-Generalist;
- National Certification -MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
- Advanced mathematical skills; Ability to read, write and speak intelligible English;
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.