Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for aFull Time Medical Technologist/Medical Technician in our at our West Valley location.
West Valley City, Utah
- Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a full or part-time licensed Medical Scientist, Medical Technologist, Medical Technician or eligible graduate degreed analytical chemist. Our facility is a mid-sized laboratory serving multiple physicians across multiple medical specialties and hours ranging between 6:30 AM to 9:00 PM. The current open position is scheduled Monday through Friday with potential for a flexible shift schedule. This is an opportunity to be actively involved in a high-complexity application with continued technical career growth. The position offers exciting continual educational avenues with hands-on High Complexity testing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of laboratory testing, possessing the ability to identify problems that may arise in testing patient samples as a result of the many types of disease states
- Understands phlebotomy, specimen processor, lab assistant, and med tech duties and gives direction as needed
- Troubleshoots instrument and technical problems and responds accordingly
- Generates a pending log at the end of each shift to ensure no samples were missed during the shift
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Perform High Complexity testing on human urine specimens for toxicology purposes using Immunoassay and HPLC-LC/MS/MS (liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry) Technologies.
- Prepare urine samples according to the laboratories established protocols; position requires excellent analytical laboratory skills (ie pipetting, weighing materials, solutions preparation, sample receiving organization and tracking, protocol documentation).
- Requires the ability to understand and operation of mass spectrometry instrumentation, interpretation of instrument and analyte calibrations, quality control procedures, and inter-platform correlation of patient results.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or a Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science and/or MT (ASCP or other certifying agencies approved by CMS) as well as a minimum of two years of clinical laboratory experience. Two years of direct hands-on mass spectrometry (LCMSMS) experience. Must be able to work independently, be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to offer input for positive operational improvements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Position is classified as OSHA Category I where regular job duties have continuous potential of exposure to blood borne pathogens throughout the day.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.