We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization.
Located in Orlando’sMedical City at Lake Nona, the hospital will provide healing for patientsthroughout Central Florida and beyond, educate the healthcare providers of thefuture and support the work of brilliant medical researchers that will lead tolifesaving care.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol
- Monitor quality control results
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner