Location Address: 533 Carlton Street, Wauchula Florida, 33873
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wauchula
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Sign on Bonus
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
PRN (Covering for vacations)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Follows Department and Hospital policies and procedures
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices, including infection control techniques and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Adheres to Laboratory Quality System policies.
- Performs, documents, monitors, interprets and evaluates quality control testing and QC trends.
- Summarily reports all quality control and quality assurance findings to laboratory manager or supervisor. Reports to laboratory medical director and supervisor immediately and in detail any quality issues that may negatively impact the laboratory.
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshoots instrument issues.
- Performs, monitors, evaluates, and verifies diagnostic laboratory testing in a safe and efficient (timely) manner. Takes appropriate action needed to ensure test result accuracy including (but not limited to) appropriate follow-up of critical values, delta and instrument flags, and unacceptable specimens.
- Recognizes need for and documents additional quality control, maintenance, or specimens prior to releasing test results. Documents all corrective actions and "Consults Supervisor for assistance when necessary".
- Performs Immunohematology procedures with accuracy and care to ensure safety of blood transfusions.
- Monitors pending logs and grease board regularly to provide rapid turnaround time
- Monitors email communications daily and communicates pending issues at end of shift: documents communication as requested
- Follows Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals and laboratory policies including, but not limited to, hand washing, and appropriate critical value reporting and read back of results, patient identification and maintaining sample identification throughout the pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical phases.
- Follows laboratory department dress code
- Answers the telephone in a timely manner and provides customer support in a professional and courteous manner; Interprets test requirements or results for nursing staff or physicians
- Seeks to promote a positive patient experience with every patient encounter and participates in activities or education to improve patient experience
- Performs Phlebotomy as needed if assigned
- Distribute and fax reports as needed
- Recognizes need for flexible staffing; works different or additional shifts when requested by supervisor.
- Works in an organized, efficient, and careful manner.
- Maintains a clean work area; keeps supplies stocked.
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need:
- What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and medical diagnostic laboratory tests including pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases
- Ability to use laboratory equipment and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Use laboratory information systems
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control concepts
- Grasp of laboratory statistical concepts
- Vocabulary to include medical terminology
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Laboratory information systems
- Organizational / multitasking skills
- Use of electronic communications (i.e. email)
- Ability to respond appropriately to buzzers, bells, flashing lights, and pagers.
- Proof of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related physical, chemical, or biological science (Preferred)
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Serology, Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, and Molecular Pathology (Preferred)
- MT or MLS national board certification (ASCP, AMT, or AAB) (Preferred)