LifeScan Labs of Illinois is located in Skokie, IL has been a leader in providing reliable laboratory services for Northern Illinois for over 20 years. We are a laboratory specializing in medical diagnostic testing for physicians and long-term care facilities. We offer paid time off and paid holidays, along with medical benefits including health, vision, and dental. We have openings for full-time positions with flexible hours and overtime as needed. LifeScan Labs of Illinois is looking for a focused Medical Technologist to preform tests and procedures of a highly complex nature and can demonstrate a thorough understanding of the technical methods, concepts, and principles. Perform routine and specialized tests in one or various sections of the clinical laboratory, specimen receiving and processing, reading cultures and able to perform identification and susceptibility testing on bacterial isolates.
- Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests. Identifies source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendation as to course of action.
- Applies scientific method in problem solving and assists in evaluation of new methods and techniques. Assures that quality control criteria are met and adheres to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations. Preform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and logs appropriately
- Preform minor trouble-shooting on instruments
- Assures a clean work area and technical clean-up at end of each shift.
- Assists in maintaining sufficient supplies at each work station.
- Assists in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving
- deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in chemical or biological sciences, or associates degree in laboratory sciences or medical laboratory technology with consists of 60 semester hours including a minimum of either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or equivalent combination of science courses (i.e. chemistry, biology, medical laboratory technology).
- Medical Technologist (MT) or other national certification* (Must provide certification at time of interview)*
- Meet basic standards and qualifications for laboratory testing personnel under clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA)
- Meets all regulatory requirements for moderate or hi8gh complexity testing as appropriate within assigned area
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
Shift times will vary based on business needs. M-F and weekends if needed.