STG International is seeking qualified candidates to work full-time asMedical and Health Services Manager inWashington, DC
This posting is for future openings no current available positions.
Minimum duties may include but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct, or coordinate medical and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, public health agencies, or similar organizations.
- Proficiency in performing, assessing, and training staff in venipuncture, waived testing, audiometry, spirometry, and Electrocardiography (ECG) competencies assessments for staff nurses.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to perform identified nursing supervisory duties.
- Ability to function at maximum in high stress environments, and demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Experience in management of multiple location health care system.
- Basic monitoring and evaluation skills, to include developing indicators, data collection instruments, compiling data, analyzing data and creating reports.
- Must be competent in basic Microsoft Office suite programs to develop adequate site activity reports and perform accurate and legible data collection activities as directed.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Must demonstrate an ability to successfully engage a diverse group of people.
- Must have good organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to demonstrate organizational savvy.
- Perform routine site visits to monitor individual site management activities and verify staff adherence to FOH policies and procedures, TJC standards; foster staff and onsite management relationships, monitor the status of individual site environments of care, and provide hands-on staff orientation, training, competency verification, and behavioral interventions.
- Direct collection of site- and program-based data for operational and site management activities and perform critical data analyses, to improve efficiency of clinic operations and accomplish CHS objectives.
- Create regional operational reports from aggregated SPS data to create regional operational reports for submission to FOH CHS Leadership. Ensure that clinics comply with WO requirements as evidenced by timely completion of work with 95% accuracy.
- Collaborate with the FOH Quality, Safety, Risk Manager, the FOH Infection Control Officer, and the FOH Environment of Care and Safety Officer to support a culture of safety for both staff and end-user clients.
- Participate in annual policy reviews and make recommendations for changes and updates throughout the year.
- Assist with implementation of new policies, SOPs, protocols, forms, and conducts training for all staff to ensure understanding and compliance. Verify performance and documentation of all FOH nursing staff training and employee health requirements, including refresher and booster activities.
- Provide nursing leadership with all requests for new supplies, medications, equipment. Requests must be submitted with research completed and supporting justification of need. Perform service provision site inspections, client health record audits, site supplies/medication ordering approval, authorization for staff leave, notification to COR of staff vacancies, and outreach service planning direction and approval.
- Assist with opening, closing and moving clinics within assigned area. Coordinate interviewing, hiring, orientation and training of FOH Nurse Coordinators and Nurse Managers. Manage leave requests of staff and ensure coverage of all assigned clinics. Ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of all services provided by all staff in assigned clinics, monitor site specific budgets, to include staff hours, supply and medication orders, and travel.
- Ensures outreach services and travel follow FOH policies and SOPs. Ensures that all Service provision sites are staffed according to COR‘s technical direction and that work schedules are modified to meet fluctuating workloads. May collaborate with FOH operations leads to develop best clinical practices and future FOH policies and SOPs. Performs required quality improvement reviews of each assigned site within area, using FOH guidelines and Section 3.10.2. Conducts mock surveys to determine compliance with Joint Commission accreditation standards.
- Master's degree in Nursing (Graduation from a National League of Nursing (NLN) accredited school of nursing), Business, or Health Administration.
- RN licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health care provider certification.
- Shall have Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) Certification for audiometry and have attended a National Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (NIOSH) approved spirometry course.
- At least 5 years’ experience providing direct care to patients/clients, of which 3 years’ experience in occupational health or related experience such as public health/community health, outpatient clinic, emergency department or ambulatory care, or physician office nursing.
- At least one year experience in acute care setting.
- At least 5 years’ supervisory experience
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers acompetitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.