LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Top-Notch Diagnosis and Treatment:
Medical Transcriptionists Make It Possible
Medical Transcriptionist – Spine & Arthritis Center/Orthopedics – Days
Step into NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where orthopedic surgeons combine surgical expertise with pioneering research to redefine the limits of science and medicine. Through our work, we guide the effective diagnosis and treatment of the many patients we serve. Now, you can help Make It Possible.
Bring your talents to our tight-knit team, and provide the support our Spine & Arthritis Center. Join our team and transcribe medical reports, dictated from various systems or written documents, conforming to specific department format and Joint Commission requirements. You will be responsible for obtaining a patient’s medical history and documenting dictated notes into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and facilitating diagnostic tests while providing unparalleled customer service to our patients.
This is a full-time day shift position working Monday's & Friday's 10:30AM - 6:30PM, and Tuesday - Thursday 9:30AM – 5:30PM. This position is located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Prior experience as a medical transcriber highly preferred
- Knowledge of Piascco, DOC.com or Cerner
- Previous experience in orthopedics
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of secretarial experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is an 1199 Union position. The internal posting period for this position is 9/30/2019 – 10/2/2019.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'America's Best Employers in New York State' - Forbes
- 2019 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.