Work Shift: 8a-4:30p
Work Week: M - F
Interprets and transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding patient services in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to work unsupervised from remote location.
- Able to pull reports from Syngo and GE PACs to assure that exams are reported in a reasonable period of time.
- Transcribes medical dictation to provide a permanent record for patient care with minimal errors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and follows procedures related to regulatory, accrediting agencies, and institutional requirements.
- Follows up with Cardiologists and Neurologists to assure that reports are signed in a set time frame.
- Responsible for training of Physicians and staff on the dictation systems.
- Demonstrate ICARE values.
- Follows all safety rules on the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or GED.
Must have previous experience in the healthcare field with proficient medical terminology. Cardiology department experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Typing skills must be at 90-100 words per minute. Excellent communication skills expected do to the amount of teaching this position will do.
See Activity Checklist. Involves sitting most of the time.
Will work from a remote location. Able to flex hours and work days to include evenings and nights to meet needs related to unanticipated patient volume or acuity. Will be required to carry a pager to remain available to physicians and staff in case a problem may arise with the dictated record.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles east of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 257 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.