This is a contingent position. Days/Hours will be based on the needs of the department.
Transcribes doctors notes and dictation
Works under the supervision of the office manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Accurately and in a timely manner transcribes from doctors notes and dictation.
2) Proofreads all material prior to submission.
3) Details all material on cassettes.
4) Prepares print reports.
5) Types documents as requested.
6) Performs various clerical duties to assist the department as needed.
7) Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Medical terminology knowledge and the ability to interpret verbal information required.
- Must be familiar with computers.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Graduate of a technical school medical transcription program, equivalent program or three years experience in multispecialty field.
- Previous medical transcriptionist experience and the ability to type at least 60 wpm preferred.