Our writers specialize in compelling value and access messaging for groundbreaking medicines across a wide range of digital and print channels. Our team includes writers with varying levels of experience and educational backgrounds from undergraduate degrees to doctorate level degrees such as PharmDs or PhDs.
We understand that as a scientific storyteller, you have many companies you could be partnering with. At Precision -- we offer a portfolio of 100+brands, 15+ therapeutic areas, 100+ specialty & primary care products, with a history of over 100 payer focused launches.
Precision for Value (PFV), the largest payer marketing agency in the country, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the pursuit of commercial perfection. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of innovative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are optimizing market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. At the core of our ability to do this is our collaboration and partnership within our dynamic team.
We invest in hiring writers across the following offices throughout the year: Gladstone, NJ; New York City, NY; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles/Costa Mesa, CA.
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner with a strong interest in health and medicine.
- You have an eye for detail and can accurately convey complex information in a simple way.
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, supplying creative ideas, and developing high quality content that allows you to use your scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills.
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community.
What you can expect day-to-day:
Our Writers develop medical content for assigned account(s) and work in conjunction with Account, Creative, and Editorial teams to ensure that the client vision is achieved and content is medically accurate. Writers develop varied resources including, but not limited to, value proposition materials, clinical monographs, advisory board content, and internal training resources.
- Collaborating with colleagues and clients on recommended content development approaches.
- Developing, writing and translating complex scientific data to a broad audience across wide-ranging therapeutic areas.
- Balancing and prioritizing multiple parallel work streams to meet established timelines and project goals.
- Participating in internal meetings and brainstorming sessions, and client meetings including medical, legal & regulatory reviews.
- Presenting medical content to clients when requested.
- Mentoring staff.
Minimum required: BA/BS in English, Science related field, or other relevant degree
- Translate complex scientific concepts for a variety of managed care audiences.
- Successful history of prioritizing workload, balancing competing priorities & meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment; self-management; organization, time-management, detailed oriented, prioritization to meet deadline-sensitive projects.
- Ability to travel for occasional in-person client meetings
- Doctorate level degrees such as PharmDs or PhDs for Scientific Associate & Sr Scientific Associates.
- For all roles: Knowledge of AMA style, academic concentration in English or related life sciences. Meaningful experience in medical communications, healthcare advertising agency, medical education* (*critical for Sr Medical Writer & Sr Scientific Associates). Working knowledge of managed markets, healthcare, and the healthcare delivery system.