We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Medication History Pharmacy Technician shall obtain medication histories for new patients being admitted through the Emergency and Surgery Departments, and along with direct admits. Medication history will be obtained from the patient directly or the patient’s family, retail pharmacy, skilled nursing facility (SNF) or physician office. Technican will enter medication history into the electronic health record (EHR). Technician must have an excellent knowledge of trade and generic medication names, common dosages and dosage forms and frequency of administration of each medication. Must be able to communicate with patients of all education levels and establish rapport with the patient to obtain medication history. He/she shall assist in all Pharmacy Technician duties and projects as assigned by Pharmacy Management. The Medication History Pharmacy Technician will report to the pharmacists on duty and Pharmacy Management.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential to communicate with the patients and their families, and medical professionals.
- Must possess the ability to perform work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Must be competent to handle multiple priorities in an effective manner.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to learn complicated processes and tasks and apply learning to new situations.
- Effectiveness to manage time to meet workload deadlines, strong computer and telephone proficiency, and ability to work in a fast paced clinical environment is required.
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program recognized by the California State Board of Pharmacy, possess a California Pharmacy Technician Licensure in good standing.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a retail or hospital setting.
- Advanced knowledge of trade and generic medications, and the available dosages is required.
- National certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and proficiently bilingual is preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V