University Village is currently hiring a full time Medication Technician with open availability! The Medication Technician assists the resident with medications under the direct supervision of a licensed vocational nurse. Assists licensed nursing staff by performing routine care duties and activities of daily living. This is a great opportunity for someone that would like to grow in the medical field!
- Take vital signs as indicated
- Gives treatments, perform tests, carry-out procedures and collect specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Answers Emergency Pendant alarms and responds to resident s emergencies with ability to perform first aide and or CPR. Coordinate Ambulance transfers as needed.
- Safely prepares, administers, and charts oral and topical drugs. The Medication Technician who prepares the medicine administers that same medication.
- Checks and prepares each dose immediately preceding administration.
- Follows administration protocol and checks with the Director of Resident Services or Wellness Coordinator if there are any questions regarding any medication.
- Records administration of the medication on resident�s medication administration record and discards medication refused or otherwise not given and records on medication administration record.
- Reports medication errors or reactions to medications immediately to the Director of Resident Services, who, in turn, reports to the resident�s attending physician and completes the necessary documentation.
- Communicates with Residents Physicians about medications, treatments, changes in conditions
- Performs accurate pulse and blood pressure and recognizes their significance in drug therapy.
- Administers PRN medication per department policy and procedure.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages resident independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Assists caregivers with residents as appropriate to deliver care.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred.
- Successful completion of State approved Medicine Aide Course, and when applicable, the continuing education course. (Medication Course will be provided at University Village but experience is preferred)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicates effectively, and performs simple arithmetic. Ability to document care given.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Health Care environment.
- Committed to delivering outstanding hospitality to residents and families.
Applicants for this position are required to complete a computer-based Customer Service Aptitude test. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an email confirmation will be sent to you. On the email is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the test at a time that is convenient for you. Be aware, once you begin the test, you will not be able to 'come and go' on the testing site. You must complete the test in one sitting. The test is multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the test has been completed. Check your spam filter if you do not receive the confirmation email.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
University Village offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbour 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://uvto.hrmdirect.com.