Oakmont of Huntington Beach is a premier senior community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Oakmont of Huntington Beach provides exceptional quality, comfort and care with five star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
The Medication Technician is responsible for supervising and assisting in the administration of medications to residents as ordered and in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures, and practices of the company. In addition, the Medication Technician will provide direct personal care, encourage residents to participate in activities, work with housekeepers and maintenance staff in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Prepare and distribute medication to residents.
- Coordinate medication services with the resident, pharmacy, and physician.
- Order and track all medication changes, refills and deliveries with pharmacies.
- Maintain accurate, complete and confidential resident medication and care records.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Prefer one (1) year experience assisting with medication at a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a plus.
- Must be able to operate MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong desire to work with the elderly and care for their needs.
- Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, healthcare professionals, residents and their families.
- Must pass a criminal background check before beginning work.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.