Belmont Village Senior Living
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
#MONBelmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Aliso Viejo a Great Place to Work and Live! #MON
- Prepares and administers resident medications according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Follows the resident’s individual service plan in providing one-on-one support/ visitation to residents, which may include:
- Medication administration under the direction of a licensed nurse including related documentation
- Daily wellness checks
- Incontinence management
- Communicates clearly with residents, families and Director of Resident Care Services any changes in resident condition or concerns, recording in communication log as required. Calls physicians as necessary.
- Orders, receives, and inventories supplies and medications. Assures supplies are always available.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of medication carts.
- Assists in updating each resident’s individual service plan as requested.
- Reports concerns about residents to appropriate person.
- Encourages socialization and participation in community.
- Actively communicates health and safety information to employees and participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Verifies that job specific safety procedures are established
- Trains employees in safe work practices
- Verifies that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel and include job task observations
- Conducts timely accident investigations
- Corrects hazards and unsafe conditions in a timely manner
- Communicates health and safety information to employees and facilitate their involvement in health and safety activities.
- Verifies the effective and timely training on health and safety activities.
- Reinforces the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions.
- Completes health and safety audits finding closure within 30 days.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current certification if required by respective State Regulations
- Minimum 12 months experience administering medications
- Proficient communication in verbal and written English.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Good telephone skills
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health screening for this position
- Basic First Aid training
- One plus year Long Term Care or Assisted Living experience
- PC skills
- Health Assessment skills
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.