Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.Job Posting Title
Medication Therapy Management & Case Care Mgmt Pharmacist InternJob Description
The Pharmacist Intern is responsible to complete various duties and may participate in strategic projects, depending on assigned department; department opportunities can vary each year. The pharmacist internship will provide exposure to Prime’s clinical case and care management programs (e.g., Medication Therapy Management, Adherence Outreach, Opioid Case Management, and other Clinical Programs) in the Clinical Operations department. The pharmacist intern program is designed to correlate with the year of pharmacy school in which an intern is enrolled; first year learning includes the operations of the internal Medication Therapy Management and Case/Care Management (MTM/CCM) team and subsequent years includes a layered learning model and responsibilities.
- ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN THEIR SECOND YEAR OF PHARMACY SCHOOL UNTIL 12/31/2019.
- START DATE 5/26/2020.
- HOURS: 30-40 HOURS PER WEEK DURING THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP, UP TO 10 HOURS PER WEEK DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF SUMMER INTERNSHIP.
- Learn the operational workflow of the various clinical programs; review member charts and engage in member conversations
- Complete adherence outreach calls to eligible members and provide administrative support for the program
- Assist with opioid case management responsibilities
- Contribute to Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMRs) through the MTM program
- Utilize various tools and resources to analyze, report and document processes/data to support the department
- Perform various activities that contribute to the process development, process improvements and/or documentation
- Complete or participate in a department project and present to managers/leaders during each year of the internship
- Comply with all Prime policies and procedures; maintain a respectful working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Note: This internship is recognized by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy; however, it does not count towards the 800 hours required in traditional dispensing, compounding and patient counseling roles. Experiential education through the University of Minnesota (IPPE/APPE rotations) will make up 520 hours of the required traditional pharmacy roles, leaving the remaining 280 hours to be self-arranged outside of this internship.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy with successful completion of first year of pharmacy program prior to starting the summer internship
- Must obtain Pharmacy Intern license with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy upon completion of first year of pharmacy program
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Prior pharmacy work experience
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports to Supervisor, Manager or Director in assigned department
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.