Avedro (NYSE: AVDR) is a leading commercial-stage ophthalmic medical technology company focused on treating corneal ectatic disorders and improving vision to reduce dependency on eyeglasses or contact lenses. Avedro’s proprietary Corneal Remodeling Platform strengthens, stabilizes and reshapes the cornea utilizing corneal cross-linking in minimally invasive and non-invasive outpatient procedures to treat corneal ectatic disorders and correct refractive conditions. The Avedro Corneal Remodeling Platform is comprised of Avedro’s KXL and Mosaic systems, each of which delivers ultraviolet light, and a suite of proprietary single-use riboflavin drug formulations, which, when applied together to the cornea, induce a biochemical reaction called corneal collagen cross-linking. With commercial operations around the world, Avedro is dedicated to collaborating with physicians to preserve the vision of their patients. Join the rapidly expanding Avedro team and make a difference in the lives of patients globally.
The Meeting & Conventions Coordinator will collaborate across the organization with various stakeholders to aid the Director of Meetings & Conventions in delivering meetings that are aligned with the corporate business objectives and in full compliance with Avedro legal and regulatory policies. Position requires a candidate that has some prior meeting coordination experience, but most importantly is a self-starter who is willing to learn quickly in a fast-paced work environment. The role requires a highly detail-oriented and well-organized individual who is prepared to support program development and execution from concept to completion. An understanding of the business and needs as it relates to meetings is a must. Due to the high-profile nature of the role and the significant amount of capital, both financial and human put into every meeting, seamless execution of each program is paramount.
Avedro Current Meeting Scope
- International Medical Conventions (AAO, ASCRS & ESCRS)
- National and Regional Medical Meetings
- Speaker Bureau Programs
- Corporate Events
- Board of Director Meetings
- Executive, Commercial and Global Leadership Team Meetings
Primary Job Responsibilities
The candidate will:
- Work closely with the Director of Meetings & Conventions on the logistical coordination of the Avedro portfolio of meetings both in the US and overseas. Including but not limited to communications, venue research and procurement, room set-ups, catering, audio visual productions, travel arrangements.
- Solely manage US regional meeting sponsorships and logistical coordination.
- Plan and oversee regional Optometric dinner meetings.
- Manage inventory of all exhibit components.
- Procure services for all medical convention exhibits.
- Aide in management of meeting & event communications both internally and externally with the Marketing Communications team.
- Develop, implement and manage meeting and event registration site.
- Work closely with external vendors to manage meeting logistics.
- Coordinate collateral shipments to large medical conventions.
- Perform onsite pre-conferences ahead of meetings and events as appropriate.
- Manage program analysis tracker to assess performance of sponsored meetings.
- Manage all meeting and convention related materials through Marketing, Legal and Regulatory Review Committee, Arena and the FDA submission process.
- Administrative duties.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Focus in Marketing or Hospitality Management Preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years in one of the following areas required:
- Meeting Planning
- Hospitality Industry or Other Meeting Related Fields
Requirements & Skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve complex problems in high stress situations.
- Well-spoken and comfortable fostering relationships with key opinion leaders, customers and Avedro senior leadership team.
- Ability to well-organize, plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced, highly regulated and collaborative work environment is critical to role.
- High level of interpersonal, customer service and superior conflict resolution skills.
- Candidate must stay current with trends, new technologies and healthcare rules / regulations that would impact Avedro.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally 15% - 20% of the time.