We’re here to help people in communities throughout Northern California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people first. If you’re looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
About Patelco Credit Union
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial needs and aspirations of more than 300,000 members. What we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency, simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve financial freedom.
The ideal candidate for this temp to hire opportunity is a team player who is kind, caring, courteous, ambitious, and passionate about providing superior service. Responsibilities include answering a high volume of calls, helping members with transactions, questions, product knowledge and troubleshooting online banking related matters. The Member Contact Center Representative has a strong desire to help Patelco members achieve financial success and is committed to offering products and services through assessing needs.
- The Member Contact Center Representative’s success is measured by the individual’s ability to achieve key phone performance metrics including schedule adherence, call monitors, member survey results, and support of the contact center achieving service level, abandon rate, and superior service.
- Assist members with general inquiries on accounts and loans.
- Resolve member issues and concerns.
- Collaborate within the MCC and with other departments to answer member questions and resolve issues.
- Help members with digital services that may require troubleshooting and research (online banking, mobile banking, and bill payment).
- Educate members on digital services enrollment, features and benefits.
- Identify needs and offer products and services that improve the financial well-being of our members.
- Strong commitment to good attendance and punctuality.
- Understand and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and banking regulations (including those related to OFAC and Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering compliance) and Patelco Credit Union’s policies and procedures.
- Perform Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a HS Diploma/GED
- Have minimum one year experience in a customer service call center
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be proficient on PC, MS Office Products, and Email systems
- Strong technical skills with troubleshooting and a firm understanding on digital services in the financial industry.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be detail oriented, a team player, and able to work with little or no supervision
- Be committed to the concepts of “team effort” and “quality member service”
Patelco Credit Union is an EO Employer - M/ F/ Veteran/ Disability