Barton Creek Country Club’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
To wait on tables promptly, courteously and to serve the guests and members delivering extraordinary customer service, in accordance with Omni standards.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Omni standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the Resort.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire/uniform and name tag when working.
- Provide outstanding service to members and guests in a friendly and professional manner, following proper steps of service.
- Must maintain full familiarity with menus and knowledge of beverage offerings, including wine service.
- Complete station set-up and breakdown/side-work.
- Maintain tabletop items and fold napkins according to specified standards.
- Polish and clean all water glassware in assigned station during each shift.
- Ensure salt and pepper, sugar caddies are full at all times.
- Take food and beverage orders and upsell as often as possible.
- Bus tables whenever needed due to circumstances. Dust all tables to include table legs.
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all members and guests, using surnames when obtained.
- Send orders using MICROS system.
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests.
- Alert manager immediately if a member or guest has a suggestion, complaint or issue.
- Present accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Maintain cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new associates.
- Assist in seating members and guests and answering phones for restaurant and room service as needed.
- Cross train among other food and beverage outlets as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of the resort property.
- Attend department meetings and other required company trainings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager.
- Must have and maintain current Texas Food Handlers and TABC certifications.
- Must agree and adhere to compensation acknowledgment and tip reporting guidelines.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, members, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and multi task.
- Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- MICROS Experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects of moderate weight without assistance.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.