The primary purpose of this position is to deliver Legendary Service by projecting a positive image as a Member Experience Officer for Dover Federal Credit Union by performing a broad variety of member service functions, sales and service goals, and providing the ultimate member experience with product penetration through financial literacy and member satisfaction.
Deliver service, to both internal and external members, in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises.
- We promise to make it easy to do business with us
- We promise to treat you with respect
- We promise to identify and take ownership of your needs
- We promise to make a positive difference in your financial life
- We promise to thank you for being a member
Perform all essential functions of the Member Experience Specialist position.
Meets all established sales and service goals, ethically referring appropriate products and services to the membership.
Meet minimum requirements for the position as set forth on the Branch Scorecard.
Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment
Provide prompt, efficient, accurate, professional, member service in a courteous and ethical manner.
Process membership (loan, and deposit) applications, establish new accounts for eligible members, and ethically cross-sell products and services that best meet the financial needs of the member.
Process transactions, conduct file maintenance, create new products/services on existing accounts as requested by the member.
Provide assistance/research on all member related situations in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing appropriate operating systems or programs
Scan and ensure all critical member related documentation is archived within the imaging system, accurately and in a timely manner.
Perform operational duties as requested by management, covering other branches as requested
Provide assistance with balancing, maintenance, and verification of all cash related items and technology.
Assist with monthly audits and security checklist.
Participate in Financial Literacy/BVS classes as instructed by management, and actively engage with in-branch training and educational classes/sessions.
Develop a book of business to establish cordial relationships with members to sustain member relations and retention.
Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
Provide Notary service and Medallion Signature services.
Provide marketing and promotional suggestions to increase member engagement. Participate in marketing promotions and branch-related activities to increase member experience.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- At least 3-4 years of customer service experience, required.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a financial institution, preferred.
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for serving members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Requires knowledge of consumer loan policy, credit-granting criteria, and interest rates. Knowledge of interviewing skills and techniques also required.
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary for communicating with members, guests, callers and team members.
- Requires intermediate working knowledge of all technology.
- Requires Intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
- Requires compliance with all credit union policies, procedures, and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to continuously stand and/or walk with minimal sitting. The employee will also be required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, and reach above or at shoulder level. The employee must occasionally lift/push/pull and/or carry up to 50 pounds.