| || || |
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., about 1,480 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
| || || |
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Senior Manager of Member Relations with assigned projects and responsibilities as requested.
- Serve as a backup for the Senior Manager of Member Relations in his / her absence.
- Assist in the development, promotion, implementation, training, support of the various components of a comprehensive member relations program.
- Assist the Relationship Managers in providing technical support to the Member Systems on new energy end-use technology, rebates and products.
- Contact Member Systems CEO's/Managers and meet on a regular basis and establish relationships with them and their designated key personnel. Establish their preferred method of communication and make on-site visits to assist them with Tri-State products / services / programs / projects or other events / activities. Before and after member meetings, develop pre- and post-meeting reports with clearly defined objectives and required follow-up action items. Prepare a variety of reports and assist in the preparation of functional area reports and presentations.
- Coordinate interactions between Tri-State staff and respective Member Systems as necessary to assure a timely response to Member System requests.
- Assist Member Systems in developing materials/workshops for their member-owners, as well as their employees, on Tri-State product, service and program offerings as requested.
- Assist Member Systems in developing promotional literature for use in direct mail and marketing of product, service and program offerings as requested. Facilitate the sharing of best marketing practices among the Member Systems. Assist with the development and design of Member System based products, services and programs that create additional value for Tri-State's Member Systems.
- Assist in the development of Member Systems Key Accounts programs. Assist Member Systems with responding to member-owners' energy questions.
- Attend respective Member Systems annual meetings, regional industry meetings and member CEO / Manager meetings.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of current wholesale rate structure issues and the effects on Member Systems.
- Participate in special projects at Tri-State which may be internal only projects or may involve/include one or all Member Systems. Participate in ad hoc analytical requests, proforma analysis of business opportunities and quantitative assessment of load and resource options.
- Participate with the Business Strategies, Energy Markets and Finance functional areas by providing analysis / reports pertaining to the Member Systems excess generation and Renewable Energy Credits (REC) purchase programs.
- Develop, implement and support a comprehensive residential and small commercial energy efficiency education program for the Member Systems.
- Represent Tri-State on various internal / external committees
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its members, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to identify functional area business needs and establish goals and objectives to ensure alignment with enterprise goals.
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Time management: Possess the ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Advanced computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including MS Office suite, databases, and other related applications.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, business, marketing or engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Proficient technical skills in energy auditing, efficiency and conservation.
- Proficient analytical, quantitative and economic evaluation skills.
- Ability to develop and utilize extensive contacts in the private and government sectors.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement programs designed to assist Member Systems promote the efficient use of electric service to residential and/or commercial customers and increase market share in areas and products of interest.
- Ability to research and assemble information, and assimilate, analyze, interpret and present data to various audiences including all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of power generation technology, wholesale power markets, reliability standards, environmental regulation and market design.
- Working knowledge of utility operating practices.
- Familiarity with retail rates and rate setting philosophies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including communicating with a wide range of individuals and groups both internally and externally.
- Eight (8) years or more experience in developing and implementing communications, electric power demand side management, marketing and/or member relations programs directed at residential/small commercial electric power consumers.
- Willingness to travel as required. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Electric cooperative utility member relations experience preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend. Incumbent will be required to occasionally lift items up to 25 lbs. including above and below shoulder level. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, work independently including developing plans, procedures and goals, present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to moderate level of noise. Majority of duties are performed indoors primarily at a desk.