USC Credit Union is a fast growing and dynamic $570 million credit union. We are looking for an eager candidate to join our OC Branch as a full time/ temporary Member Relationship Specialist, with potential for hiring as a permanent employee down the line. This position is responsible for building and fostering relationships with USCCU's members and potential members. This role gathers and analyzes member data at the time of each interaction to respond to inquiries and offer customized solutions using in-depth knowledge of USCCU products, services, and technologies.
This job is for you if:
- you love to make people smile
- you take pride in providing excellent service
- you are detail-oriented
- you aren't satisfied with the status quo
- you prefer working as a team
- Establishing new credit union memberships
- Responding to member inquiries
- Providing high-quality, consultative service to members
- Cross-selling products and services that meet members' needs
- Originating, processing, and funding consumer loans
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree
- Have 1-2 years of experience in a financial institution.
- Be knowledgeable in Credit Union Regulations and Guidelines.
- Be flexible with scheduling that includes hours Monday-Saturday
- Pass a pre-employment background and credit check
USCCU offers a competitive salary and perhaps the best benefits package in the CU industry. We are a member-focused financial cooperative committed to becoming the preeminent financial services provider to the Trojan Family.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: Previous experience in sales, retail or financial institutions (operating in a sales-driven environment) with proven track record of meeting production/sales goals. Must be familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills. Has effective organizational skills. Utilizes effective sales techniques with limited supervision. Able to consistently meet or exceed established performance goals in a financial services environment.