Assists department management team in the supervision and operations of a multiple communication channel call center and creates an environment where staff consistently focuses on delivering Signature Experiences. Fosters a culture within the department that reinforces member service, teamwork and collaboration, financial discipline, operational integrity, process improvement and efficiency. Models desired behavior and promotes optimal member engagement.
Provides leadership, guidance, motivation and development through use of the Omega Coaching Model. Responsible for a team of call center representatives. Tracks teams performance, development, attendance and payroll. Leads, trains and coaches staff to perform transactions, establish memberships, share and loan accounts and related products and services.
Provides operational support and acts as a resource for staff regarding policies and procedures. Assists members in establishing memberships, share accounts and related products and services through multiple communication channels, completing necessary documents and performing data entry of records in compliance with audit requirements. Communication channels include, but are not limited to telephone, chat, email and/or mobile devices.
Promotes optimal member engagement by providing specific, accurate and timely information to members regarding Credit Union products and services. Responsible for educating members and employees regarding current marketing promotions, for engaging new members to become Signature Members within their first 120 days of joining the Credit Union, and for engaging existing members to deepen their product and service usage with the Credit Union. Makes referrals for insurance services, investment services and real estate services. Assists with loan application processing which includes accepting loan applications, delivering loan decisions, communicating approval stipulations, reviewing and verifying accuracy of credit reports, income verification, support the loan funding process and manage the loan queues.
Supports the organization’s strategic objectives by communicating and tracking goals that are specific, measureable, attainable and timely. Leads staff to achieve assigned goals, and coaches/reviews performance accordingly. Communicates production and referral expectation for consumer loan products, insurance services (WIS and WFS), investment services (WFS), home equity products (MSC Mortgage Loan Originators) and first mortgage products (Real Estate Mortgage Loan Originators). Responsible for proactively resolving escalated member inquiries and problems at the first point of contact.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently provides a high level of service and is committed to increasing member and call center staff satisfaction. Demonstrates adherence to the Member Service Center (MSC) Service Standards in addition to enforcement and modeling of our Mission Statement, Core Values and Team Attributes.
- Promotes advocacy and takes personal responsibility to ensure that member and employee issues are handled properly at the first point of contact. Focuses on delivering Signature Experiences and achieving successful results in the Member Experience Surveys.
- Provides direct and indirect reports with guidance on policy and procedure, escalated calls, transaction approvals, performance documentation and tracking. Completes employee payroll, team status reports, creation and presentment of individual development plans, disciplinary documents and employee reviews.
- Provides guidance, motivation and performance improvement relating to agent performance, quality assurance, errors, individual agent goals and career path by use of one-on-one coaching and team meetings. Works with department management in relation to personnel issues, concerns or service requests.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of products and services. Performs day-to-day transactions for members including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers and transaction approvals. Answers member and employee inquiries and provides information in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures for statement requests, stop payments, fraud claims, insurance of accounts, and other deposit account-related needs and consumer loans.
- Assists members with savings products, including checking, certificate and money market accounts. Assists on the MSC support queues such as MSC Supervisor Queue and Loans by Phone Supervisor Queue and provides guidance on policy, procedure and assistance with escalations. Assists in performing Floor Monitor function, researching and responding to member surveys.
- Requires knowledge of consumer lending and experience with the loan origination process, including application processing, pricing, documentation, disclosures, and funding. Identifies lending growth opportunities and supervises staff’s activities and tracking.
- Knowledgeable in the legal aspects of accounts (e.g. trusts, fiduciary accounts, Power of Attorneys, etc.). Provides member assistance and education with home banking platform and mobile devices.
- Targets and achieves individual goals and direct report goals in support of department goals. Contributes to Wescom growth through needs-based sales and service skills to match services to member needs. Ensures optimal member engagement and a migration to appropriate delivery channels. Makes referrals for insurance services and investment services to Wescom Insurance Services and Wescom Financial Services. Makes referrals for home equity products to department Mortgage Loan Originators and referrals for first mortgages to Mortgage Loan Originators in Real Estate.
- Effectively supervises and adjusts to swiftly changing priorities, product and service offerings and systems. Ensures staff knowledge is current and applied.
- Participates in the selection, coaching, evaluation, and development of staff. Oversees training in the areas of member service, products and services, regulatory training, operations, referrals and interpersonal skills. Ensures training objectives are met and that Wescom University core curriculum is completed by department employees.
- Meets personal and team development training objectives established by department management. Completes Wescom University core curriculum, including required regulatory training. Trains and coaches employees to advance their career opportunities within the organization.
- Maintains proficiency in technology applications including the operating system and ancillary systems. Contributes to organizational efforts in process improvement.
- Ensures department compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Maintains confidentiality of Credit Union and member records.
- Protects the Credit Union’s financial interest by maintaining the MSC Responsibility Guidelines.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, effectively shares information and ideas with others, and demonstrates good listening skills.
- Ensures individual appearance reflects the desired level of professionalism. Maintains the physical environment of the work area according to Wescom standards.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality in adherence with Wescom policy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or three to four previous supervisory experience in a financial institution with call center employment preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be proficient in technology applications including the Credit Union’s operating system.
Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel, crouch, crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet. It is a non-smoking environment.
The above job requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. The marginal functions have not been included. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties as requested by management.
SYMITAR ACCESS: Template #86
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
Retail Store Manager / Supervisor