This position is committed to providing members the highest level of service available in an efficient and courteous manner. Process monetary transactions within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each day's transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Proactively engage with members to identify products and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial goals. Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate department for specialized services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Communicate and interact with members to identify their financial needs and offer solutions, or refer members to appropriate area.
* Process and audit financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger entries while maintaining a cash drawer.
* Provide Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited to cashier's checks, money orders, savings bonds, wire transfers and transactions.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and Elder Financial Abuse laws appropriate to the position.
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
* Identify, investigate, and respond to member concerns by interacting with internal resources and follow up with resolution.
* Identify and report fraudulent activity to management and Financial Investigations dept., in accordance with current procedures to prevent potential loss to the credit union.
* Maintain current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller functions.
* Assist in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash Dispenser Units including, but not limited to, replacing receipt cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
* Successful completion of Teller Skills Test is required.
* May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch locations.
* Available to work weekends and/or extended hours required to run the business, including special events as they occur.
* Assist other staff in completion of daily activities.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: Branch and back office staff
* EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial institutions.
* EDUCATION: Completed High School curriculum or GED.
* EXPERIENCE: One year in a Teller and/or retail experience. Cash handling a plus.
* Demonstrated use of computer systems.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Member Relations skills.
* Knowledgeable of credit union rules, regulations and policies.
* Ability to achieve individual and branch objectives.
* Ability to display positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude.
* Reliable work attendance.
* Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and Presence).
* Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends.
* High School level match skills, ten key, and other relevant equipment within the branch.
* Bilingual-English and Spanish communication skills desirable.
a) Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is provided as may be needed
b) Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
c) Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks.
d) Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
e) Corrected vision in the normal range.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled