Customer Service Representative Job Description
Customer Service Representative Position Responsibilities:
To assist the department in meeting or exceeding service level standards the Call Center Representative has several positional responsibilities. They include but are not limited to:
- Service incoming customer calls following established policies and procedures in an efficient and quality manner.
- Ensure every transaction is processed correctly by confirming transaction with caller to ensure a mutual understanding.
- Identify opportunities to grow customer relationships with bank through referral programs.
- Utilize all available resources, and communication skills to resolve customer inquiries or issues to avoid escalation to extent possible.
- Complete all training requirements on time.
- Identify process improvement ideas with CIC management team.
- Become a candidate to act as a peer coach for new hire representatives.
- Communicate system issues promptly to management.
- Other duties as assigned by CIC management team.
Customer Service Representative Qualifications:
A Call Center Representative should have or exhibit the following characteristics and qualifications:
- High School diploma required (4-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred)
- Basic understanding of banking or finance
- Good communication, problem solving, and organizational/time management skills required
- 1 year of prior call center experience is required. Prior sales experience a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, use of Microsoft Office, and ability to navigate multiple systems without assistance.
The metrics are not so much measure by call volume, more quality and being available during the hours to handle the calls/minimal time taken between calls.