Position Title: MEMBER SERVICES SPECIALIST
Reports To:MEMBER SERVICES MANAGER
To take care of customers, meeting their needs by connecting with all members both proactively and in response. Constantly moving throughout the facility with an eye for detail, cleanliness and tidiness and assisting in each department will be paramount to doing this job well. Emphasis will always be on providing a world class customer experience with the collective goal of member retention driving every behavior.
1. Ensure that all entities of the Athletic Club are operating in accordance with member/guest expectations.
2. Cross train in all areas of the facility to gain knowledge and understanding of each entity and their relation to the total operation. Must be prepared to assist any department within the facility.
3. Interact with all member/guests with a focus on member retention and maintaining a high level of member satisfaction.
4. Enforce club rules and guidelines, taking appropriate action when necessary and reporting any problems to the Member Services Manager or Director.
5. Continually establish relationships with members/guests and request feedback about our current programs, classes, operations, and service delivery.
6. Carry out all incoming tours and new member sign ups and show initiative to close a new sign up.
7. Drive the message of any in club programs or initiatives including but not limited to: Game Plan, Health Points, online account management, and Points Plus.
8. Serve as a “go to” person for new and existing members over the life of their club membership.
9. Respond and react to any emergency situation. Use of incident reports appropriately.
10. Ensure a clean and professional facility at all times. Inform appropriate personnel of issues when necessary.
11. Assist Member Services Manager in inventorying cash tills, making necessary change, restocking vending and retail items, and by reporting recommended vending and supply purchases, as needed.
12. Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
13. Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. College degree in related field/work experience preferred.
2. A minimum of 2 year’s experience in a high volume customer service industry. Customer service skills to handle challenging situations.
3. Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
4. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
5. CPR certification/first aid certification.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks and functions while maintaining a low personal stress level.
7. Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.