POSITION TITLE: Member Services Team Member
DIRECT REPORT: Member Services Manager
LOCATION: MVP Athletic Club-Holland
DEPARTMENT: Member Services
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, hourly position
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Responsible for providing a large, diversified clientele with outstanding customer service by performing day-to-day member service operations. Primarily responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to existing and potential members to effect retention and new membership sales.
- Greeting all members, guests, and staff at the Service Desk. Check all members and guests into facility making sure appropriate forms and waivers are filled out when necessary.
- Assist members and guests with reservations, account billing questions, comments and concerns as appropriate.
- Ability to provide superior customer service in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
- Develop and maintain a complete working knowledge of the entire operation; keep current on all programming, events, and functions at the facility.
- Ensures telecommunications procedures are carried out in a professional and timely fashion.
- Assist members and guests with registering for our programs in CSI and online.
- Perform any point of sale procedures with CSI Software. Responsible for contents of cash drawer during a specified shift.
- Effectively communicate members’ concerns, comments, and questions to appropriate Manager.
- Perform all job functions at an exceptional level while adhering to areas of accountability.
- Familiar with merchandise lines and can explain products to customers and members.
- Knowledge of product and departmental policies regarding returns and other customer service issues and can explain to customer.
- Perform duties ranging from lifting, stocking, reaching, climbing, and organizing stock.
- Keeps a constant clean towel supply by washing, drying and folding towels as needed.
- Assists with member laundry, by following the member laundry procedures.
- Maintains interior and exterior appearance by picking up all trash, dirty towels, hangers and other debris as needed.
- Keep cleaning products safe and usable by utilizing safe and proper mixing techniques per labeling instructions.
- Maintains building interior by removing trash, picking up papers, emptying containers, transporting materials to disposal area, recycling materials as necessary, and assisting with the cleaning schedule by following consistent cleaning practices as outlined.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and personal communication skills, confident, outgoing, and professional.
- Minimum 6 months prior customer service experience in high volume service industry.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work extra hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand 95% of the shift and lift weighted objects up to 40 lbs.
- Experience with telecommunications.
- Proven track record of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and functions while maintaining a low personal stress level.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.