Under the general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, operates the switchboard console, receiving and transferring incoming calls. Handles a variety of clerical tasks that can be performed around the console. Acts as a receptionist, answering questions, greeting members and directing them to the appropriate staff member. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assist members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services. Provides a variety of member service functions, such as processing savings account, checking account, and loan transactions; cashing checks, making deposits, etc. Is responsible for providing quality member service, cross-selling the Credit Union's services. Performs a broad-range of member services activities in person and/or via phone, mail, e-mail, fax and on-line services.
Position will pay a salary of 40k once perm.
1. Responsible for greeting all members and visitors to the credit union. Contacts appropriate staff member to inform them of their visitor.
2. Directs incoming telephone calls to their proper extension or department. Communicates basic information over the telephone and in person about products, services, hours, locations, rates, etc.
3. Provide accurate information to members regarding credit union services, products, policies, and procedures.
4. Analyze member accounts in order to provide better services. Gives prompt efficient and accurate service.
5. Assesses member??s specific needs and direct them to the proper department.
6. Assists members with using credit union computer systems to conduct banking transactions such as online banking, printing paystubs, inputting membership and loan applications, etc.
7. Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to resolve member (internal and external) problems by explaining specific policies and products while representing the credit union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
8. Accept direct deposit forms. Assists members with payroll, direct deposit questions, and setup payroll distribution. Assist with EFT changes.
9. Opens new member accounts and provides information to new and prospective members by explaining and cross-selling credit union products and services.
10. Ensure all electronic services are setup and member can access accounts online. Completes forms for opening and processing all types of accounts, including share, share draft, money market, etc. Cross-sells and services members. Conducts follow up calls to members to collect new business.
11. Gives prompt efficient and accurate service. Process request such as: opening of new checking /other savings accounts, ATM/VCC cards, Share Certificates/Money Markets, and additional services.
12. Performs other Clerical and Member Services related duties as assigned by the MSR III/Branch Manager.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet. Ability to handle multiple projects/priorities in a very fast paced setting. Ability to deal with confidential information. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, postage machine etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes). Ability to stand and sit for extended periods.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Previous experience dealing with a multi-line telephone console in a busy office. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communications skills. Must posses a strong service orientation. Previous Teller experience preferred.
Apply directly to the job posting first and email your resume in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.