Volunteers of America-Homestead at Rochester is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Memory Care Coordinator!
Support the Assisted Living Administrator in the care and treatment of Memory Support residents entrusted to the community. Serve as a liaison and partners with the Life Enrichment, Clinical, Dietary and other departments for the benefit of the Memory Support residents. Responsible for the day-to-day programming and oversight of Memory Support operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in routine, or requested, multi-disciplinary care conferences/family meetings held for residents.
- Provides support services and conducts or assists with therapeutic group work for residents and/or families when appropriate.
- Conducts or arranges for changes to the service plan and follows through on referred problems or psychological needs of residents.
- Partners with the Clinical Manager to evaluate the appropriateness of each placement, program content and to make recommendations on program services.
- Initiates reporting and documentation procedures for assigned residents.
- Plans, directs, implements and documents activities and recreational programs that meet the specialized needs of the residents in the Memory Care Community.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation, or related degree in social sciences, with current state license or 3 yrs. Experience in a dementia care setting preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience, preferably in a long-term healthcare setting; has knowledge of medical and public health settings, principles of public welfare and knowledge of social and health resources of the community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings/weekends, for family meetings and conferences; educational programs, admission inquiries or admissions as needed.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, often dealing with tragic circumstances.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.