ESSENTIAL JOB 1. Follow the assistance plan in providing services to residents.
RESPONSIBILITIES 2. Assist in the development and updating of each resident's
3. Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing,
dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene, and mobility.
4. Do personal laundry for residents as scheduled on the assistance
5. Strip and make residents' beds weekly.
6. Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
7. Clean residents' apartments on assigned days and as outlined in
the assistance plan, and clean common areas as needed.
8. Encourage socialization among residents.
9. Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by
the Activity Coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
10. Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities.
Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents' interest.
11. Chaperone activities outside the facility when asked.
12. Monitor residents' health, safety and well-being and report
changes immediately to nurse supervisor.
13. Document information pertaining to changes in residents'
functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc. and inform
nurse supervisor of changes.
14. Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
15. Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents on a
weekly basis or as requested by supervisor or as specified in the
assistance plan or daily communication log.
16. Report concerns about residents to nurse supervisor and
17. Respond to resident emergencies, provide CPR and first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical
attention/follow-up with nurse
18. Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to
19. Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services
(transportation, cleaning, personal laundry, guest meals, guest
room use, etc.). Submit record to supervisor by the designated
date each month.
20. Practice safety in working around and with equipment,
chemicals, tools and utensils.
21. Attend all staff meeting and required trainings.
21. Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORKING 1. Adhere to and carry out all Bellaire policies and
2. Adhere to and carry out all regulations set forth
for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities.
3. Adhere to Rights and responsibilities of residents of assisted living facilities.
4. Report any on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of
the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
5. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with
coworkers, residents, families and visitors.
6. Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information
pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
7. Promote Bellaire Assisted Living in a positive way.
8. Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
9. Refer family members and residents to the appropriate supervisor
when they have questions or concerns.
10. Maintain compliance with all regulatory and mandatory
Bellaire trainings. (i.e. Relias, CPR and 1st Aid, In-Services & All
KNOWLEDGE 1. Minimum of 40 hours training in Direct Care or CNA preferred.
EXPECTATIONS 2. Current CPR and First Aid or obtaining CPR and First Aid within
60 days of hire.
3. OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
4. Fire and safety procedures
5. Food-handling regulations
6. Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal,
microwave, coffee maker, ice machine), office equipment
(photocopier, telephone) and household appliances (vacuum
cleaner, carpet shampoo machine)
WORKING 1. Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal barriers
CONDITIONS 2. Weekend work on a rotation basis
3. On call on a rotation schedule
4. Lifting, pushing or pulling over 30 lbs., using proper body
mechanics and/or available equipment
5. Bending or kneeling for up to 15 consecutive minutes to perform
6. Working 3-3.75 hours standing, walking and moving about
without the need to sit down
7. Working with cleaning chemicals
QUALIFICATIONS 1. Minimum of 40 hours training in Direct Care or CNA preferred.
STANDARDS 1. Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless
there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a
2. Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or
illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good
personal hygiene is expected.